Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New adventure

As I write this post, I am a little teary eyed, yet SOOO very happy and thankful at the same time.  Tomorrow I start a new job!  A couple of months ago, a client that I used to audit called me with a job offer. I was shocked, and had to ask if they knew I was 5 MONTHS PREGGO?!?! They said they knew, and would love to have me come in and talk with them. Well, without going into deets, it was a great opportunity that I could not pass up. Tellus Operating Group is an oil and gas company that I am blessed to have the opportunity to work for.

I have worked at HRBC for over 4 years now.  My co-workers are some of my best friends.  We all get along, go to lunches together as a BIG group, and even hang out outside of work. I have formed long lasting friendships at the firm, and I am so sad to leave them.  I have really enjoyed my job. Couldn't ask for nicer, more Christian people to work for....seriously!! The deadlines, overtime, etc just did not seem to fit my upcoming "mommy life." I had prayed about my job many times, but never really thought about leaving.  Just thought that when Emmerson Claire arrived, I would slow down my work load, or THEN maybe look for something else. Never once thought about looking BEFORE she was born...I mean, who hires pregnant women???? Anywho, GOD was listening to my prayers!! I am learning more each day that he has a plan, and our worrying will not do much about it.

I interviewed at the end of June and they allowed me to stay and wrap up work with HRBC for awhile.  So it made me feel much better to turn in a 6 week notice, rather than a 2 week notice. 

I am looking forward to making new friends, having a lighter work load (which will mean more time with baby girl), and of course staying in touch with all of my HRBC peeps. Ready to see what God has in store for me!

Change is good, right??  



No comments:

Post a Comment